Monday 25 May 2015

                                   ☆  Monthly favourites  

- MAY -

Each month i have decided to now do a monthly favourites post just so i can share with you guys the products I'm using and loving at the minute and any products that are new to me and my thoughts on them!

This month i have gone on a massive mad spending spree because i pretty much ran out of EVERYTHING! as you do.. this tends to happen like every 3 months and then i end up spending a FORTUNE! but if it lasts me a while i don't mind spending that little bit extra for the quality of the product. 

This post is a mixture of haircare cosmetics and fragrances very random as i think you will find that is me but I'm sure you will get used to that. anyway... 
BIG POST ALERT!!!


































These are the products i have been absolutely loving! i couldn't say a bad word about any of them they are all so so good. 
first of all I'm going to start with the moisturiser. 
I have oily to combination skin which means moisturisers aren't always my friend even iff they are oil free because they just make my skin oily even when it does get dry. 
Origins is a brand I've recently discovered as it is right across our counter at work so when its a little quiet my eyes do have a wonder over and i have heard such good reviews about their products and the smell was enough to make me buy it anyway i could literally just eat this.. however that wouldn't be a great idea! 

This little beauty is an energy boosting moisturiser that is oil free and it smells like ORANGES! wow.. just wow it's like  a super fresh boots for the skin. It Hydrates without leaving the skin oily.. TAH DAAHH.. thats a first. lets just say this moisturiser made my life complete. I also got a 75ml tub for the price of a 50ml tub as it is a limited edition one! price - £25.00 




Mac cosmetics Paint pot in Painterly.. i don't give this product enough credit that is why i felt like i needed to include this even though use it all the time! this is the secret to blending eyeshadow it makes it blend much smoother a lot easier and it gives you a blank canvas to work from. It also lasts absolutely ages this pot is only £17 and I've had it since October and we are now on may.. nearly in June.. and i use it every single day near enough it just does not go down!!!



Everyone loves a good perfume.. i like to purchase one every so often so that my collection doesn't go down too much. Boots in Meadowhall had an offer on so i just couldn't resist! 75ml for the price of  30ml! (with my staff discount too) its such a cute bottle and a lovely fragrance 
Dolce is a gentle, feminine mix of white flowers, introduced by the freshness of the Neroli leaves and defined by the White Amaryllis, a South African flower used for the first time ever in scent. I usually like strong evening perfumes however i wanted a nice floral day scent that i could wear now that it is spring coming up to summer. 

Speaking of Scents.. i don't know how you are with candles but i am an absolute candle freak.. i purchased three yankee candles this month but this one is my all time favourite and you can see I've used it already because i just couldn't wait! it actually smells like baked vanilla cupcakes which is a nice welcoming scent to have in my room! If your into candles or even if you want to buy a gift for someone i 100% recommend this to anyone! especially if you love cakes like me!

Its coming up to summer and if you know me you will know my nickname is casper.. i am super pale and the last thing i want is extreme dark fake tan.. well i do but i don't want it to look stupid! i also wanted something quick and easy that you can't notice the developing stage because some fake tans go from one extreme to another like ST.MORRIS. st morris is amazing for a night out but for through the week at work i don't always want to make that much effort to put it on.. This clarions fake tan is a little more pricey but so so worth it! it is £25 but its a cream which goes on easy doesn't go patchy and also washes off nicely too.. I'm literally on empty so when i purchase some more il upload before and after pictures for you guys to see.. i wasn't surprised that this was good because i do love Clarins products the quality is great. 


PRIMERS!!
If you haven't yet noticed the priming industry whether it be lip primers, face primers, eyeshadow primers or even hair primers!! yes hair primers!!! (which i will be doing a post on very soon) is absolutely massive! There are so many out there that do so many different things for you depending on your skin type you are definitely going to find one to suit you. If you haven't yet keep looking girl don't give up!! My usual everyday primer is usually professional by benefit cosmetics because i have such big pores its unreal and i need to hide them get them away!! well cover at least.. professional was the only one that hid my pores however this is the original smash box primer which is oil free ( which i need, you will too if you have oily skin) fills in the pores covering them but it also leaves a matte finish. which i like even though i wear a dewy foundation.. i don't want a dewy primer and foundation because il just end up looking wet through. Which is not a good look! It makes my makeup last all day long and makes it look flawless so id definitely give this a strong 8/10 price - £25.  I would say it is worth the price as you don't need much of it which means it will last you quite a while. 

Last but not least a good hair care product. This is a premium brand called bumble and bumble which are so so good if you haven't tried this haircare/styling brand you need to! my hair is just screaming help at the moment with me not bleaching it anymore its like ahhh wheres my fix i NEED THE BLEACH give me the bleach! and I'm just like no! foot down no! i thought it was time to give my hair a break and go el naturel and let my roots grow a little and because it has been bleached in the past it needs a little help when blowdrying as it is really porous and literally drinks all the water. This product has made my hair so soft afterwards rather than dry and brittle.. when your hair is damp you rub  a pea sized amount in your hand work through the hair and then blow dry! super easy and it doesn't make your hair greasy either.. if your hair needs some help and TLC i would definitely give this product a go.. BLONDES  you know exactly what am talking about! 

I will do a separate post on hair care routine and products i use pretty soon so keep readin' and i will post to you lovelies shortly xoxox 

i hope this post has interested you or helped a little on product advice if you ever have any questions feel free to comment and i will answer you the best i can!

thankyou
:) 
x
o
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates