Thursday 9 May 2013

Finally a post! New project well under way!

Here is my new project that I have started! Our task is to create a white shirt using only white fabrics and finishings also using inspiration of our own choice! And I have chosen.... The Swinging 60's! But with a modern twist... I couldn't resist! With it being huge on the catwalk this spring summer I just had to!

I will be focusing on designers such a Louis Vuitton, Moschino, and Marc Jacobs! I will be researching different prints and patterns that were popular in the 60s and looking at styles of clothing women wear today which I will merge together to create a modern 60s inspired shirt.

The reason I have chosen designers such as Moschino is because they have covered the main bases of the 60s popular prints such as floral, geometric and op art. They have also modernised them really well by using more vibrant colours and looking at the style of clothing we wear today.

I also chosen to look Louis Vuitton because of the vibrant colours that is used in his collection and the amazing contrast between the yellow the black and white! They also cover the black and white geometric prints from the 60s and modernise those. But they have also used the colour yellow which is also a popular colour to be wearing this season. It is a great mix of the old and the new.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Us @soratemplates